while driving to the airport, we received word that our flight was cancelled. not delayed, cancelled.
we could try tomorrow night again, but that's pushing it... if something happened with that
flight, we'd be screwed trying to get from guayaquil to galapagos.
so instead we're flying to lima, peru tonight. staying in the airport for 6 hours, then flying out to guayaquil to arrive at noon.
what a wonderful, wonderful development. (please note sarcasm.)