Oh, what a long week!
1. My stupid car wouldn't start on Wednesday. I thought it was the battery so called Captain Squid to help me jump it. Not the battery. He called someone to look at it, who did so last night. Not the fuses. Maybe the starter. The guy said he'd come pick it up this morning and take it to his garage to fix it. He has my key. He never came. Luckily, my neighbor knows someone nearby who now has the car and is fixing it. He said it'd be about $80. Yay! The other guy was estimating $300, plus the tow.
2. I am still moving, an endeavor not being eased by the above-mentioned car trouble. But my landlord just said that he doesn't have anyone moving in right away, so I'm welcome to take my time. So I can finish it Monday, when I have the day off.
3. I am getting a migraine. I was just saying yesterday how I don't get them anymore since I discovered flavored carbonated water, and therefore staying hydrated. I guess I should have knocked on wood. Ah well, as long as it's better by tomorrow..
4. I am so horribly fat right now. Hardly anything fits. Every time I pass by a mirror, I sing Trina's "Pull Over, That Ass is Too Phat (Whoop! Whoop!)", only I mean fat with an F. Seriously. Ah well, I guess it's good I'm keeping a sense of humor about the whole thing. I am going home in February and there is no way
I would show up 10 lbs heavier than I usually am.. (I'm only guessing 10; I won't actually weigh myself lest I be thrust into deep depression).. The gym is now 8 minutes away and I woke up at 7 today so next week I just have to keep waking up at 7 so I can get my ass into the gym before work.
I always thought this was funny. (Courtesy of the Onion.)
5. I have a new affinity for beards and vaguely Canadian accents. :)6. If I don't post again this year, everyone have a happy new year!
I'm going to Arkansanians(?) Bill & Susan's place in Loxahatchee for a party. I'm sure I will have way too many pictures of the affair come next week.. That is, if I can find my camera battery charger. Ahh, moving.