after a week with molly, i have to acknowledge some decidedly un-cute habits:
so while i am now really happy that i found a cat in a bush a few months ago rather than a dog, i am going to be sad to see molly go tomorrow.
- eating kleenex. used kleenex. out of the trash can. you can't turn your back on her if the bathroom door is open. how foul is that? the best part about this is now when she poops kleenex, eddie is going to get in trouble for letting her eat it!
- stealing my bathing suit/shoes/underwear and running around with them, hoping i'll want them back enough to chase her.
- jumping on people at the pet store.
- jumping on people at the beach.
- sniffing aforementioned people's dogs in places we don't like to talk about.
- capping off a session of horseplay by.. humping me. repeatedly.
- grabbing my hand off the gearshift in the car. but it's just because she wants to lay her head on it, so i guess that'll fly.
this is ed's parents' doggy, molly. we may as well call her ed's sister.
suki and lucy already know her, luckily. the poor kitten, however, is traumatized. she's spent her time since molly's arrival on sunday hiding in the bushes, in the neighbor's porch, and under the guest bed. she's warming up a little, though - she only hisses when the dog gets close now rather than just when the dog is in the same room.
unfortunately, molly is a mama's girl and is taking their week away pretty hard. we'll find her laying in the bed, alone, in the dark. i've tried to engage her by feeding her spaghetti & meatball (she only wanted the meatball) and playing fetch with wine bottle corks. poor girl.. she's still doing a lot of this:
depressed or not, i love having a dog in the house, even if it means my eyes are a little itchier than normal. :)